Церковь Санта Мария делла Концезионе де Каппуччини
Church of Santa Maria della Concezione de Cappuccini (Virgin of the Conception of the Capuchins), or Santa Maria Immacolata (Virgin the Immaculate), or chiesa dei Cappuccini (church of the Capuchins)
Capuchin church dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Maria.
It was built for Antonio cardinal Barberini, a Capuchin and twin brother of Pope Urban VIII.
The Capuchins still serve the church.
27 Via Veneto
It was designed by Antonio Casoni.
The facade and the steps leading to the church were altered in the 20th century.
The church has a single nave, and ten side chapels.
About halfway up the stairs to the church, on the right side, you will find the entrance to the ossuary of the Capuchin friars.
When one of the friars die, he is buried in a vault, and after some time the bones are retrieved and placed in this ossuary, where they are arranged in a macabre style.
There are now bones from more than 4.000 brothers who died between 1528 and 1870 in the ossuary.